Wednesday, October 27, 2010

CASH IN ON JOHNNY'S "TO DO" LIST

It's a simple list, really.



Despite the fact that he is a musical legend and there was a hugely successful major motion picture about his life just a few years ago, I know very little about Johnny Cash.

Never saw Walk the Line. Other than Walk the Line, Ring of Fire and A Boy Named Sue, I don't know the names of his songs. Actually, I only know A Boy Named Sue because of a scene from the movie Swingers.

While I may not be the biggest Johnny Cash music fan, I am a huge fan of the Johnny Cash "To Do" list, which I saw for the first time yesterday. Our friend Mick posted it on Facebook.

No. 1 on Johnny's list of "Things To Do Today!" - Not Smoke.
No. 2 - Kiss June
No. 3 - Not Kiss Anyone Else

Classic and simple. Personally, I don't smoke, except for a handful of moments in which the decision-making process was aided by the bottle. So we're clear there.

As for No. 2, I like the reminder to kiss The Wife. Such a nice priority to have. Love that the next priority is to not kiss anyone else. It can be that simple. Love the one you are with. Appreciate them. Show your faith in them.

Rounding out the list of 10 items were pee, eat, not eat too much, worry, go see Momma and practice piano. Cash also left himself a note to not write notes. 

All solid goals to have on a daily basis. If it's good enough for a true legend, it's a good list for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment