Monday, March 7, 2011

WE NEED A PLAN (PART 2)


"could u pick me up a flat screen if ur still @ target?"


Ha ha ha! Nice try.


The message was from a friend in response to a text message I sent to a few friends who are fellow Target customers. When I sent my message I was at the entrance to our local store, list in hand. It felt good to be out of the house and about to cross another thing off my to-do list. The same big cloud was over my head once again though. GAS!!!!!!


(GROSS! Not that kind of cloud.)


Anyhow...I was thinking about the sign at the gas station I'd passed on my way to Target advertising $3.50 per gallon. Angry as I was, it became my inspiration at that moment and I had my big idea of the day: a shopping club.


If we all start consolidating shopping trips, either by car-pooling or by grabbing a few things needed for friends and family, we will all save a little time and money. I'm open to ideas about how to make this work. We'll figure it out. We HAVE to.


By the way, one friend took me up on the offer and, no, I did not buy her a flat screen t.v. (That was another very funny friend who was very out of luck.) No, I purchased something for a someone I'll see later today who has extended the same offer to me time and again.


That's what friends are for…passing gas!


No comments:

Post a Comment