Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WHEN LIFE STINKS, GO AHEAD AND LAUGH

Bathroom humor has always been funny.

It was funny two days ago, when I changed the Little One's diaper and was almost knocked over by the stench that came from inside. The nugget he created was unlike anything he'd done before, and I was shocked by the power of smell he could create.

Apparently my reaction to the smell was funny to him because the Little One smiled and laughed as I turned my head and said, "Oh God. That stinks!"

These are moments I've always found funny. What can I say? I am a male. Farts and bad smells will always be funny in a totally gross and inexplicable way.

This is nothing new. One of my favorite pictures from childhood comes from a cross-country vacation my parents took us on. I believe the photo was taken near the Grand Canyon, and it is me stepping out of an outhouse.

My mother, younger sister and older brother were all waiting for me, pinching their noses and appearing to be grossed out.

We learned at an early age it was okay to laugh at things and poke fun at ourselves. Life is serious enough. It's going to stink from time to time.

And when those stinky moments come, you can be sure that I'll be laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment