Thursday, January 27, 2011

10 RANDOM THOUGHTS

I spent last night away from the Wife and the Little One because of a conference for work. It was quiet and definitely lonely in the hotel room last night. Since my brain was mush and stringing together consecutive sentences was out of the question, I decided to drop 10 random thoughts instead, hence the name of this entry.

# Is there a diference between Panera and Au Bon Pain? Other than the fact that I know how to pronounce Panera, and I'm not positive about Au Bon Pain, I think it's the same place. They both make sandwiches that the Wife and my sisters think are delicious. Those same sandwiches make me wish I got a burger.

Fancy or Stale? You decide.
# It can be very difficult to tell the difference between fancy, eloquent bread and stale bread.

# Bread is key to keeping cookies nice and soft. After baking, put your cookies in a storage container with a slice of bread. The bread will be hard (or fancy, according to Au Bon Pain/Panera), but the cookies will remain nice and soft.

# Hard cookies are not really cookies. They are mistakes that people pass off as treats. Unless they are Double Stuff Oreos or Chips Ahoy. Those kind of hard cookies are okay, provided they come with a glass of milk.

# Beer used to love me. Now beer gives me heartburn, which makes me think twice about loving me some beer. I drink far more Motts Tots Apple Juice than beer these days.

# My hotel room last night was on the 32nd floor overlooking Beantown. I love Beantown, but I hate heights. The curtains were shut so that I could forget how far from the ground I was.

# Snow was more fun when it meant playing football or going sledding with your friends. Now snow just makes me think more and more about when we are going to move somewhere south.

20 years? Really?
# It has been 20 years since the start of the Gulf War, as well as the Rodney King beating (which eventually led to the L.A. Riots 19 years ago). Also 20 years ago, the U.S.S.R. dissolved. These things do not make me feel young.

# Judge me if you must, but I enjoy pro wrestling now as much as I did as a kid. Not that I watch it as often, but it is entertaining. And I am truly tempted to order Royal Rumble this Sunday. It won't happen, but I really, really want to.


# Can't wait for you to get here to meet you, Fletcher.

1 comment:

  1. These made me laugh....especially the "fancy bread" part. I also learned something new and I am excited to put in a slice of bread next time Z and I make cookies :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete