Thursday, January 13, 2011

A SNOW STORM, BY THE NUMBERS

Yesterday was a snow day in our neck of the woods. Lot's of it fell on our little house overnight.


While it was cold, wet and windy outside, inside we were busy making the best of our "bonus" day off. And by "making the best" I mean that we got busy getting some things done that had lingered on the to-do list too long. None of them were major projects, but in our life with the Little One we are learning that even tiny accomplishments count. We spent most of the day delighting in him, but managed to squeeze in a few small things along the way.


January 12, 2011 totals for our big snow day:


14 - The number of inches of snow that fell at our house.


3315 - The number of emails waiting for me when I finally checked my inbox. I look at my email about once a week. I remember to delete emails that I've read about once a year.


2 out of 3 - The number of people in our family who managed to stay in their pajamas through dinner time.


6 - The number of short naps taken at our house today. Four for the Little One and two for me. I'm not naming names, but one of us went down willingly each time and the other protested… all four times.


5 - The number of times in two hours that I checked the Internet to see if my office was closed again today.


0 - The number of times I found a listing saying that my office is closed again.


1 - The number of Oreos I managed to limit myself to from the full, opened package in our kitchen.


1 - The number of times The Husband spotted evidence of said Oreo on my face. Darn Oreo crumbs! I get busted every time.


2+ - The approximate number of hours I procrastinated when it was my turn to shovel snow.


And, finally, 1 - The number of times the Little One has touched snow in his lifetime. That one was too special for words! It was the perfect way to end a productive day together. I can't wait for it to snow again!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post :) We had our second snow day today....they are fun but I think if we have another one within the week, I am going to go a little stir crazy....

    ReplyDelete