Wednesday, January 12, 2011

10 SIGNS THAT LIFE CHANGED WITHOUT ME REALIZING IT

- It's not that I don't want to go out. It's that I would rather stay home and hang out with the kid.

- I own more than 300 DVDs of feature-length movies. I love going to the theatre to see new films. I have no idea what the last movie I watched in entirety was. 

- My favorite kind of cereal is no longer Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It is Special K Red Berries. That's right, I said Special K. The blueberry flavor is also pretty good.

- The main reason I get excited about the Little One falling asleep is that it means I get to go to bed soon too. He goes down between 7:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.

- When I left my first full-time job, I cashed in my 401k. Really had no idea what it was. Now I pay attention to the quarterly that comes for the retirement plan. Saving money excites me more than spending it.

- One of the CDs in my car plays 27 songs. The first is the alphabet song. All the others are songs about each letter of the alphabet. 

- Two of the other CDs feature one of my favorite groups, Boyz II Men. Both of those CDs are tribute cover albums. The type of albums musical groups put out when they are no longer truly relevant in the music world.

- I DVR sporting events not so I can watch something again, but so I can watch it at all. I know there is better than a 50-50 chance I won't be awake long enough to see the whole thing.

- I like ginger ale. And not just when I don't feel well. Nope, I like the taste.

- The last 20 books I have read all had pictures and rhymes. One called Barnyard Dance is now a favorite. For me, not just the Little One.

No comments:

Post a Comment