Wednesday, January 5, 2011

AND THE WINNER IS...

"What if?"


Every so often, maybe once every month or so, The Husband and I treat ourselves by trying to answer that question. Yesterday was one of those days and I'm sure we weren't alone. I'm talking about the 355 million dollar Mega Millions lottery prize that was up for grabs last night.


We didn't win the big money, but once again we managed to fill a day with daydreams about what would happen if we did. The Husband wants the major life expenses taken care of first and then he'd like to dabble in feeding his hobbies. Me, on the other hand, well, my ideas are more basic.


First, I'd like to sleep until noon. I imagine that would be the most amazing sleep I ever got. No worries. No stress. The Little One likes to eat every few hours though, so I'd have to sleep until noon in chunks of time.


Then we'd go out to lunch with as many friends as we could find on a weekday afternoon. I'd order double desserts for everyone and not think twice about it. The Little One isn't restaurant-trained yet though, so that limits where we can go. I may have to settle for burgers and fries at McDonald's while the Little One bounces on my knee.


Finally, I'd start planning a big family trip. Maybe we'd go around the world. Maybe we'd just stay around the States and head south to Disney World. That makes sense since we'd have our little guy in tow. And since he isn't sitting yet that probably counts him out of riding anything. Maybe we'd just stay home and plan for "someday."


On second thought, an afternoon with The Husband and the Little One, talking, reading and eating burgers and fries together sounds pretty good. It sounds like a jackpot to me. No ticket required.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you :) I am always telling my husband that it might be nice to have money to alleviate some stress and update our house but in reality we have so much to be thankful for! great post!!

    ReplyDelete