Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE RUT

Dinner, after three re-heats.

Saturday night, the Wife and I intended to go out on a date.

That plan was cancelled when the Little One was up all night on Friday with a cold that kept him coughing and crying all night. When nobody gets more than 20 minutes straight of sleep on a Friday, it pretty much kills hope for the Saturday date.

It also means no attending the birthday party of our friend's 2-year-old.

Knowing we'd be staying home Saturday night, I rented Despicable Me and Red from the Red Box for us to watch. Neither one ever saw the DVD player that night. 

On Sunday, I didn't check my pockets and wound up putting the cell phone through the washing machine and dryer. This may shock you, but that phone is no longer working. I did get to watch Red, alone, since the Wife stayed awake for about 10 minutes of it.

Monday night, I made a pasta dinner for the Wife and myself. Three hours later, after three re-heatings in the microwave, I finally got to eat it.

It all left me cranky Tuesday when I got home from work. I was hungry and generally annoyed. Not at anything in particular. Just grumpy.

Then the Wife handed me the Little One, who was asleep. His head felt like it weighed 50 pounds on my shoulder, and yet all the negative feelings lifted away.


No comments:

Post a Comment